You have reached the vanity webpage of
Michael L. Whitt
I am a 40-something computer geek from a little town called
Symsonia about 25 minutes from the city of Paducah which is in the
Western portion of Kentucky. I use this domain off and on for
blogging purposes. I have been programming and messing around
with computers since the mid
80s starting with programming in BASIC on the Commadore-64. I
grew up in a family owned and operated greenhouse/garden center
business which my parents still run today (www.WhitsGarden.com).
I have been married to my lovely wife Kim for going on 16 years
and we have one beautiful daughter who is currently 8. I have
lived in Kentucky, North Carolina and Tennessee over the years.
I like to say that my body is in Kentucky, my mind is in North
Carolina, my heart is in Tennessee and my soul is in Texas (though I
have never lived or even been to Texas).
I have been
working professionally in the Information Technology sector for over 20
years. I pretty much consider myself a jack of all trades when it
comes to IT related things, but freely admit that I am nowhere a master
of anything. ;) Over the past 20 years I have professionally
been a Programmer, HP3000/HPUX Mainframe Operator, Network Engineer,
Help Desk Analyst, IT Manager and Web Developer. Currently I work
for a major bank data processor in a PC support position with a focus
My main hobbies are
* PC Gaming - Mostly Strategy and RPGs.
* Reading Science Fiction and Historic Nonfiction.
* Spending time with my wife and daughter.
* Writting small utilities in Visual Basic.NET, PHP and C.
* Messing around with microcontrollers such as the Ardunio and Netdunio.
* Studying Hydroponics and Aeroponics.
* Watching pretty much any Action/Scifi movie or TV show.